Pages

Monday, November 21, 2016

OREGON.

    Where do I even start? Less than two months from the day deciding, lets look into moving to Oregon and possibly buy a house, we were here.

     Moving has been nothing short of completely chaotic. We both waited last minute for almost everything. We were literally packing boxes as the moving truck was at our house packing up our items. With bits of the kitchen, bits of the living room and bits of whatever else was laying around, I shoved everything into the empty boxes laying around the house. Not only did we have to pack our entire house but we also had to sell the one we were living in. So throw into the mix having to completely re-do, re-paint and fix up everything in our house, while dealing with open houses and having to be out of the house all day- all weekend long. All I was doing was looking forward to getting to our new house and relaxing, SIKE. Time to unpack and do it all over again here.

     Within the first week we were here, both boys were throwing up with a stomach bug and we had to take Roman to the ER. The house is a bit more of a fixer upper than we had seen and expected and I pretty much just feel like I'm stuck in a vortex trying to grasp reality and somewhat deny that my friends and family are hours and hours away.

     Both boys are completely off of their schedule and most days we are driving around just to get Roman to nap. He decided he no longer likes his crib and will climb right out if we even try to put him near it and daddy is kicked out of the bed because Roman is hell bent of sleeping with me. Im not complaining.

     Amongst the chaos, there is so much beauty to really be bummed about anything. We have a huge and beautiful yard, the people here are so kind, we finally live in a HOUSE, not a town house, and I get to wake up, have a cup of coffee and watch my kids run outside, truly what I've always dreamt of.

Moving here I told myself I needed to set goals and achieve every single one of them.
Here were my goals:

1. Work out more
2. Blog more often
3. Set up my studio and work daily
4. Start setting up photoshoots monthly for my blog
5. Decorate the house that I've always dreamt of decorating
6. Start practicing yoga
7. Meditate daily
8. Make a vision board

These are a few things I set to focus on for MYSELF.
When making such a huge and drastic change, I think it's pretty important to have something to look forward to. It is SO easy to get back into your every day routine and not make the change you want to make.
I recently read "You are a Badass" (READ IT!) and it talks about envisioning what you want and it will happen. Believe it before you can see it, and it will come to you. My goal is to make it happen. ALL OF IT.

You don't have to make a physical change to make a mental change, but this journey for me has come hand in hand. It has been one of the wildest and best decisions I have ever made.

Little by little I am working on not only big steps, but these little ones that will help keep me..well..ME! Staying grounded, focusing on goals and bettering myself and my family everyday.

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment