Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Why make believe is important in our home.

    Make believe to me isn't just magic and fairy dust. Make believe is Santa, fairytales, magicians, unicorns, gnomes, aliens and mermaids. It's dressing up and being whoever you want to be. It's pretending and letting your creative outlet shine. It's the excitement that Santa is coming and baking cookies for him to eat. It's seeing a bunny being pulled out of a hat. It's knowing that if you explore you'll find more than what meets the eye. If you swim a little further you just may meet a mermaid. If you fly a little higher you just might encounter a new species. And if you follow that rainbow you are going to find that pot of gold and a sweet unicorn waiting for you. 
     Growing up, some of my favorite memories were the trails of chocolate that led me to the basket the easter bunny brought me. The cookies I made for santa and the milk that was half gone the next morning. The homes I built for the fairies out of wood and leaves. The unseen photos I would dig through on the internet because I knew there was more out there. The stories that told me about all of the other creatures that are out there that we don't get to see everyday. The outlets I would find to keep my imagination running wild. 
     Having children has only brought more excitement to that creative outlet for me and I will make sure to let my children believe in anything they'd like to. To me, fairytales are magical. It's majestic to escape reality and imagine what else is out there. And if I can bring a little bit of that magic into my home, I will. With that being said, while i was browsing Etsy a few weeks back I came across this beautiful creature. I couldn't stop staring and I couldn't go on without having it. This little creature I laid my eyes on was a Unicorn. It is a handmade Unicorn. This unicorn is made from premium, soft faux fur with needle felted detail. She is the perfect 16" from front to back. When I saw her, I knew she would be perfect for our magical little nook we have in our home. With our fireplace, star lights hanging above, white pouf and white carpet, this was exactly what I needed to add the perfect amount of fairytale. 
    You guys, I have been waiting for this like a little kid. I am so beyond thrilled she is here and even more beautiful than I could imagine. The talented woman behind creating this creature is Jennifer Carson. She has a ton of  magical things you can purchase from her. She is also an author of children's books and a downright amazing artist. You can find her on etsy by searching "jennifercarson" or for questions or custom requests, you can email her at jencarson75@gmail.com
    I truly encourage you to check out her page, take a dip in the magic pool and let your mind and your children experience a fairytale or two. 
    Ben was so excited when he saw her. Each leg moves in a circular motion, you can position her in all different ways, the detail on this piece is absolutely insane. She truly is a work of art. 

Here are a few photos I snapped real quick! 







Thanks for stopping by. Take some time to think about what you do to keep your children's imagination running wild. 

XO, Lauryn






No comments:

Post a Comment