Pages

Monday, July 20, 2015

Roman's Birth Story.

     It was March 22nd, at about 10:00 PM and I began feeling aching in my left hip. When I went into labor with Benjamin, that is exactly how it started. Aching in my left hip, lost my mucus plug and within ten hours Benjamin was born. So prior to this pain, two days before I had done an extreme amount of cleaning and put myself into a slow, early labor, and I knew it was happening. I woke up with light back cramps and within two nights the pain in my hip began. I was in bed, started feeling this ache and tried switching positions, hoping it may just be my body cramping up. I called the hospital to let them know that I was having pain and let labor and delivery know I may be heading in. They told me to wait and see if the contractions worsened within the next few hours. Well little did either of us know, by then I'd be giving birth.
     About an hour into my hip pain, I called Jeremy at work and told him what was going on. I called my mom, step mom and mother in law and told them to be prepared and that Roman may be making his appearance. Jeremy rushed home from work and was back by about 11:00. He got home, ran me a warm bath and I spent the remaining time in the bath tub, breathing through the contractions, trying to stay calm. The contractions were worsening by the second. Within a half an hour they were less than three minutes apart. By 11:30 PM, I called my family all back and told them to get to my house immediately. My step mom was staying with Benjamin at my house, my mom would be taking me to the hospital and being in the room with me and Jeremy's mother was there to help with anything else needed. Everyone arrived by about midnight, and I continued to sit in the tub until we were ready to leave. By 12:30 my contractions were less than a minute apart. They happened so fast and so quickly it was near impossible to even get my shoes on to get to the hospital. But we made it.
     By about 1:00 AM we arrived and they brought me back to labor and delivery. They checked me and I was already 9 cm dilated and ready to have this baby! The delivery nurse hadn't yet arrived so they had to call and ER doctor to come stand by just in case I pushed him out during a contraction. They kept reassuring me that everything was okay and to just breath through the contractions and to try not to push. With my contractions less that 30 seconds apart, no epidural, and not being able to push yet, I began to pray. I prayed hard. I started imagining myself reaching to God's hand and squeezing it through each contraction. I prayed and asked him to help, for me to see the light, and to focus on the light not the pain.  The delivery nurse arrived at about 1:25 AM and let me know it was time to push. Holding Jeremy's hand, I pushed once and felt part of him come out. I pushed again hard, and felt intense, sharp, burning pain and knew he was almost all the way out. With one last push, and serious scream, he was here! 1:38 AM, Roman was born. Weighing 6 lbs 15 ounces and 20 inches long. He was born two weeks early but was perfectly healthy. 
     Because my labor had gone so quickly they didn't have time to hook me up to any IV's so we had extra tests ran afterwards to make sure there was no infection or risks of infection, but we both came back healthy. We got moved into our own room and couldn't sleep because all Jeremy and I could do was stare at our new BLONDE baby boy in awe.  This recovery was so much different than Benjamin's because Ben had been taking to the NICU an hour away right after I gave birth. That was heart shattering and I never got to experience the wonderful hospital stay afterwards. This time we stayed two more nights, with great nurses, a great experience, and Benjamin in his pack and play right next to us, our family was complete. 

Our little bundle of joy























No comments:

Post a Comment