Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2015

RENOVATING YOUR DINING ROOM



     Okay, so just recently I showed you how to completely switch up your living room with a few simple steps. I truly encourage you to take the steps to keep your home clean, polished and uplifting. Having your home decorated not only encourages you to keep it clean but it keeps it inviting and a place to feel happy to being in. So now I'm going to show you how to not only decorate your dining room but how to bring yourself a dining room if you don't have one.


     Up until recently, I didn't have a dining room table. Jeremy and my schedules were so off, we rarely ate together. Benny had his own little table where he would eat his meals at, and I would honestly just snack when I had the time throughout the day. But recently Jeremy got a new job, Ben is old enough to eat at a table, and having a dining room table and spending time together at the end of the day is something that we needed.
     So before this little nook, we had a desk and a bunch of Benjamin's toys. We have completely redone our entire home but did one step at a time. So we started with the little nook under the stairs, which used to also be an area for ben's toys and now it is a beautiful and cozy little nook. Filled with a fireplace, a cozy pouf ball and a fuzzy white carpet. We then re decorated our living room by bringing in inviting, cozy and warm colors and objects. (I have a blog posted for both of these if you'd like to check that out for inspiration)
     So while Jeremy went on a four day camping trip, I re did our dining room and surprised him when he got back. I'll show you everything I got, how I set it up, which details to use and reveal the total cost at the end.

     I decided on getting a breakfast nook that we could tuck into the corner of our home. Living with two kids it makes it hard to have "enough" space. Not only does this tuck in the corner, but there is also storage under the seats.

Before photo
Oh ya, this is what it looked like mid way. After we moved the desk and during all of the chaos. So as you can (kind of) see, before we had Ben's desk, Roman's high chair and our stroller. To the right of that was a desk and our shoe rack. It of course didn't always have these wooden pieces laying around, but it wasn't nearly as gorgeous as it's about to be.


Hours later of building, and we have a table!
We put our highchair in storage, got a smaller "Mamas & Papas" seat for Roman and we now have our stroller behind the door. I would fold it down so it would take up less space but we use the stroller multiple times a day, so thats the least of my worries. 


How to bring your table to life:
Details matter

Table Runner
I chose a festive chevron deep red table runner. Our back wall is painted a deep red as well, so this tied in with the table and also matched the festive theme I have going. 

Cloth Napkins
These are simple white cloth napkins I found at Target.
 Napkin rings
A little sparkly to add to the table, these gold and white gem napkin rings were the perfect fit. I also found these at Target. 

Table centerpiece-
I chose a wired pumpkin which you can put a mini votive in to be festive. you could do fresh flowers, succulents, or any type of table decor that you can find at the stores. I think it's always fun to match your table with the holidays.


Detailed Decor- 
This is a simple glass cylinder filled with a pre made holiday mix of scented pinecones and cinnamon sticks. This is the perfect piece to change around for every holiday. Add Candy corn and pumpkins for halloween or fill it with lights for Christmas. 


And, after!


Besides the building part, this was a super easy project and so fun to do. 
We also added the "Beware" Wall hanging for fun festivity. 


Ready for the grand total?
$350.00

     This price includes the table, table decor, place mats, holiday decor, and everything you have seen in this blog post. The table was $200, so you could definitely cut down on the decor and save money as well. 

     I hope you enjoyed this post and received some inspiration!
Thanks for stopping by.

xoxo, Lauryn Cardoza
@Whiskeyandworship




No comments:

Post a Comment